Life on Ravnica

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Life on Ravnica
Life on Ravnica
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days

4 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Empty Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days

Post by Master of Ceremonies 11/12/15, 09:13 pm

The walls were white. The floor was white. The roof was white.
The three all has the same texture, something like perfectly smooth glass or cloudy plastic. It gave the impression that the material was actually see through : There was just nothing outside the box.

The Master of Ceremonies sat behind his white desk that blended seamlessly with the ground.

He had a slack, grey, easily forgettable face. He wore a black suit with a garish, ornate purple tie. A handkerchief of the same material protruded from his breast pocket.

"To business then." The MC prompted. He produced a massive stack of paper from nowhere and placed it on the table gently with a thunk.

"Five years... No contact. Any Magic: The Gathering plane of your choice." He smiled smugly, and slid the paper towards Erik. A tall writing feather materialized in his hands, it was tipped in blood red ink.

Plane of Choice : _____

Signature : _____

Last edited by Master of Ceremonies on 17/12/15, 03:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies

RP Points : 3162

https://life-on-ravnica.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Empty Re: Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days

Post by Mortemvenit 11/12/15, 09:28 pm

Erik looked at him, and picked up the bundle and started to flip through the pages, going through every detail "May I ask how long do I got to read this and what happens if you break any of these conditions, or I for that fact?" Erik said with a raised eyebrow, he knows contracts so he needed to know the exact details, he was not stupid, he looked around the room, trying his best to hide his hunger to know exactly how this placed work
Mortemvenit
Mortemvenit
Adept Scribe

RP Points : 3127

Character Sheet
Attributes:
Attributes--
RaceRaceWeird (Human)
ClassClassArtisan
Movement ScoreMovement Score0.5
Labour ScoreLabour Score0.5
Charisma ScoreCharisma Score1
Intellect ScoreIntellect Score2
WW0 (2.5)
UU0 (1.5)
BB0.0
RR2 (-1.5)
GG0.0
Power - KeywordsPower - Keywords0d10 - Prowess (1d10 - NA)
AbsorbAbsorb1

Toughness:
Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Left_bar_bleue10/10Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Black_bar_big  (10/10)
Inventory & Spells:

Back to top Go down

Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Empty Re: Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days

Post by Master of Ceremonies 11/12/15, 09:40 pm

The Master of Ceremonies smiled, tutting gently as Erik went through the paperwork.

"You have as long as you need, and neither of us tires or hungers while here."

"When I say no contact, I mean it is basically impossible."

[[To do an Action Roll, click Post Reply under the quick reply interface... Below the larger interface is a small box that says "Roll dice" - click on the black filled box and choose the second option, Action Roll. Post it, then add Intellect, 2 to the result.
9 or Less is a failure, 10-14 is a Success but with a hard choice, 15+ is Success.]]

Last edited by Master of Ceremonies on 17/12/15, 03:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortemvenit 12/12/15, 01:17 am

((I hope this worked, if not please explain how to actually get the dice to roll, I got the action die and said 2 dice rolls but all there is, is a plus thing that makes for more dice rolls))
Mortemvenit
Mortemvenit
Adept Scribe

Character Sheet
Attributes:
Attributes--
RaceRaceWeird (Human)
ClassClassArtisan
WW0 (2.5)
UU0 (1.5)
BB0.0
RR2 (-1.5)
GG0.0
AbsorbAbsorb1

Toughness:
Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Left_bar_bleue10/10Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Black_bar_big  (10/10)
Inventory & Spells:

Back to top Go down

Post by Master of Ceremonies 12/12/15, 01:17 am

The member 'Mortemvenit' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Action Dice' :
Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Xcg5JQj
Result :
Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Mana-symbol-6 Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Mana-symbol-8
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies

Back to top Go down

Post by Master of Ceremonies 16/12/15, 07:14 am

((Sorry about the delay, internet problems : stemming from auxiliary gifting period, I suspect.))

You successfully extract the following information :

Notable Rules and Legalities -
Your visit lasts 5 years to the day, hour, minute and second.
You can't kill anyone else who has made this deal with the MC.
You can say anything to anyone while on your chosen plane, although talking about 'planeswalking' is a sure fire way to get oneself killed eventually.
You can bring nothing. A house, food and money is supplied.
A book of general info is supplied, specific info must be acquired.
You keep all memories on your return.
The penalty for you managing to break the rules is cloudy. Cloudy and deady.

Your actions are selectively recorded* for entertainment purposes. No-one on the plane is privy to it, however.

The MC made a deal 'the Bondsman's Bond' with someone a long time ago, he literally cannot break the rules. He also has to be excessive with details, otherwise you would be looking at a single sheet glorifying the amazing opportunity you have.

You are not allowed to leave Ravnica for extended periods. This mostly allows for visiting the MC's White Box, which may be requested. The MC grants said requests case by case. Note, he will avoid being seen by Ravnicans if at all possible.

Extra Info :
Magic takes care of a large number of things : You know their language, number system.
Your eartly affairs are taken care of, everyone thinks you are on holiday for the duration.
There is no guarantee that learnt Ravnican magic works on your world, it hasn't been tried.
Other skills are proven to be transferable. Swordsmanship, Engineering and the like.
The Highest survival rate by far among planes visited is Ravnica for Eartlings.
(Phyrexia is the second lowest. Dominaria is the first.)
42% of people whom have taken this deal survive. 75% of the afore mentioned survivors regret living so cautiously and not embracing opportunities. 3% of Survivors had their souls stolen anyway (Before the MC made the deal "Bondsman's Bond".), reportedly this percent belonged to was the cautious 'boring' group.
*Transcribed, Viewed and Translated.
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortemvenit 17/12/15, 05:29 pm

Erik read the whole thing and nodded "Seems reasonable enough, you are very through I will admit that, no room for wiggle room and we have a deal" He said signing it
Mortemvenit
Mortemvenit
Adept Scribe

Character Sheet
Attributes:
Attributes--
RaceRaceWeird (Human)
ClassClassArtisan
WW0 (2.5)
UU0 (1.5)
BB0.0
RR2 (-1.5)
GG0.0
AbsorbAbsorb1

Toughness:
Inventory & Spells:

Back to top Go down

Post by Master of Ceremonies 17/12/15, 05:46 pm

The Master of Ceremonies smiles at you, the feather-pen vanishes from your hands. The walls of the room pulsate with life, and you briefly glimpse the outlines of the hundreds of souls trapped on the other side of the glass.

Darkness.

You wake up in darkness. It almost seems like it had been a dream. Then you notice the light of day peaking into your new bedroom from around unfamiliar blue curtains.
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortemvenit 17/12/15, 05:58 pm

Erik smiled and looked out the window to take a look at the scenery, while enjoying it he started to think about how he would enjoy this situation, and how he would get the information he wanted, mainly on magic and such
Mortemvenit
Mortemvenit
Adept Scribe

Character Sheet
Attributes:
Attributes--
RaceRaceWeird (Human)
ClassClassArtisan
WW0 (2.5)
UU0 (1.5)
BB0.0
RR2 (-1.5)
GG0.0
AbsorbAbsorb1

Toughness:
Inventory & Spells:

Back to top Go down

Post by Master of Ceremonies 17/12/15, 06:18 pm

Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days S4wL6W4

You push the blue curtain to the side and stare through its slightly-too-thick but otherwise high quality glass. You glimpse the many street levels bridging over eachother, towering spires, smoke rising from chimneys, buckets of water and filth falling from windows. Birds fly in the distance, and you glimpse a flock of pegasus briefly...

In the distance you see tall buildings interwoven with trees, and beyond that waterways. In another direction just around the block is a bazaar flowing with people, glints of pale, tan, dark, green, blue, grey and red faces.

You imagine the scent; some combination of Venice, London and the amazon.

You feel the warmth of ravnican sunlight on your face.

White particles drift around you in ordered patterns.
You feel a primitive sixth sense awakening.
A sense that percieves motes of mana. As you focus on it, the sensation fades. Almost to your relief, as it almost blotted out your other senses entirely.

=Exposed to Plains for the first time, White increases by 0.5=

[[Note, these moments of Exposure are listed in the Almanac ; apparently they normaly happen to children at a young age and are little documented by non magic users. Some children don't experience this, being mana-deaf.]]

Last edited by Master of Ceremonies on 18/12/15, 07:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortemvenit 17/12/15, 06:21 pm

Erik looked around and smiled, he went around the house to gather an inventory on the items and the amount of money in his house, plus he started to look through his mind trying to work out what he actually knew about this plane, he knew about guilds but wondered how much he had gain thanks to the deal
Mortemvenit
Mortemvenit
Adept Scribe

Character Sheet
Attributes:
Attributes--
RaceRaceWeird (Human)
ClassClassArtisan
WW0 (2.5)
UU0 (1.5)
BB0.0
RR2 (-1.5)
GG0.0
AbsorbAbsorb1

Toughness:
Inventory & Spells:

Back to top Go down

Post by Master of Ceremonies 17/12/15, 06:42 pm

It takes you a few minutes to find your bathroom : you almost entertain the thought of their being public lavatory houses...

The kitchen is a bit small, but very efficient in its design. Neat izzet taps, and a little Niv-Mizzet portrait engraved in the metal of the sink.

The moment of look at the money you recognize it.

Zib comes in 1, 5, 10, 25 and 50. Zino come in 1, 5 and 10.
100 Zibs makes a Zino, and most venders can change a Zino.

25 Zibs is usually enough to buy a decent meal, even if you are to lazy to haggle, and a days work usually brings you double that. You live somewhere between upper class and lower class, so prices are likely to be higher.

You look at the law dictionary, it has a small blue triangle stamped on the spine, the cover is thick and sturdy. Probably worth a Zino, you think.
Then you glimpse an unfamiliar symbol on the spine. Varok printings.

And you remember something, from an article about the plane. The guilds dominate business, but not everyone belongs to them. There are non Simic doctors, non Golgari farmers. Heck, there would even be non Dimir Assassins.

The Ravnica Almanac suddenly feels like a stone cold weight in your hands as you sort through your possessions.

This thing contains information that could get you killed.

Last edited by Master of Ceremonies on 17/12/15, 06:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortemvenit 17/12/15, 06:49 pm

Jordan smiled at the cold pit, he hid it well and opened it instantly, reading it through, he should know the laws as he is a law abiding citizen, he was actually thinking about going to the Azorius and seeing what laws they had, he even had a huge back up plan if he needed to survive
Mortemvenit
Mortemvenit
Adept Scribe

Character Sheet
Attributes:
Attributes--
RaceRaceWeird (Human)
ClassClassArtisan
WW0 (2.5)
UU0 (1.5)
BB0.0
RR2 (-1.5)
GG0.0
AbsorbAbsorb1

Toughness:
Inventory & Spells:

Back to top Go down

Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Empty hey

Post by Mortemvenit 17/12/15, 07:02 pm

+2
Mortemvenit
Mortemvenit
Adept Scribe

Character Sheet
Attributes:
Attributes--
RaceRaceWeird (Human)
ClassClassArtisan
WW0 (2.5)
UU0 (1.5)
BB0.0
RR2 (-1.5)
GG0.0
AbsorbAbsorb1

Toughness:
Inventory & Spells:

Back to top Go down

Post by Master of Ceremonies 17/12/15, 07:02 pm

The member 'Mortemvenit' has done the following action : Dice rolls

'Action Dice' :
Result :
Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Mana-symbol-9 Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Mana-symbol-9
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortemvenit 17/12/15, 07:08 pm

Don't forget plus 2
Mortemvenit
Mortemvenit
Adept Scribe

Character Sheet
Attributes:
Attributes--
RaceRaceWeird (Human)
ClassClassArtisan
WW0 (2.5)
UU0 (1.5)
BB0.0
RR2 (-1.5)
GG0.0
AbsorbAbsorb1

Toughness:
Inventory & Spells:

Back to top Go down

Post by Master of Ceremonies 17/12/15, 07:08 pm

'Action Dice' :
Result :
Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Mana-symbol-5 Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Mana-symbol-7
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies

Back to top Go down

Post by Master of Ceremonies 17/12/15, 07:14 pm

You put down the law dictionary, hands shaking slightly. You glance out the window ; its mid day. You have memorized it, all of it.

Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Image

=You learned Inaction Injunction!=
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortemvenit 17/12/15, 07:18 pm

Jordan blinked his hand shaking looking out the window he looked out, he has a smile on his face, he felt the magic flowing through him, he knew how to use magic, it was limited now but he knew he could grow more, and where to learn it, he smiled and left the house
Mortemvenit
Mortemvenit
Adept Scribe

Character Sheet
Attributes:
Attributes--
RaceRaceWeird (Human)
ClassClassArtisan
WW0 (2.5)
UU0 (1.5)
BB0.0
RR2 (-1.5)
GG0.0
AbsorbAbsorb1

Toughness:
Inventory & Spells:

Back to top Go down

Post by Master of Ceremonies 17/12/15, 07:38 pm

You walk down pale-beige stone stairs onto the nearest street level, and you see Ravnicans up close for the first time. Mostly humans, but you notice a goblin selling a newspapers from last week, a pair of young male Vedalken walking side by side, one seems to be trying to impress the other with a story about what you deduce is either a member of the opposite gender or a giant amphibious bear. "Scuse Me." Says a low voice. A minotaur carrying a basket of fish steps around you briskly.

Where to?

=Possible Locations, unless you just intent to Jaywalk/Loiter which as you know is punishable, usually just if a Lyev Arrester notices it.

Bazaar, Nearby Tavern 'The Drunk Wurm', Some kind of Orchard, A jewellery store, a black smiths store, you could walk into the houses of two random strangers because there doors are open, or you could maybe ask someone for directions.=
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortemvenit 17/12/15, 07:42 pm

Erik smiled as he head to the Barzar, he wanted to make a impression, he knew that the Barzar would be the main place a crime happened, so he could use his spell, it would be fun, plus add some attention
Mortemvenit
Mortemvenit
Adept Scribe

Character Sheet
Attributes:
Attributes--
RaceRaceWeird (Human)
ClassClassArtisan
WW0 (2.5)
UU0 (1.5)
BB0.0
RR2 (-1.5)
GG0.0
AbsorbAbsorb1

Toughness:
Inventory & Spells:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortemvenit 17/12/15, 07:48 pm

Mortemvenit
Mortemvenit
Adept Scribe

Character Sheet
Attributes:
Attributes--
RaceRaceWeird (Human)
ClassClassArtisan
WW0 (2.5)
UU0 (1.5)
BB0.0
RR2 (-1.5)
GG0.0
AbsorbAbsorb1

Toughness:
Inventory & Spells:

Back to top Go down

Post by Master of Ceremonies 17/12/15, 07:48 pm

'Action Dice' :
Result :
Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Mana-symbol-6 Part I of Erik's Story - Dealing and Early Days Mana-symbol-4
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies

Back to top Go down

Post by Master of Ceremonies 17/12/15, 07:54 pm

=Hard choice.=

Are obstructed by...

Thievery?

or

Wildlife?
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies
Master of Ceremonies

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortemvenit 17/12/15, 07:56 pm

Thievery
Mortemvenit
Mortemvenit
Adept Scribe

Character Sheet
Attributes:
Attributes--
RaceRaceWeird (Human)
ClassClassArtisan
WW0 (2.5)
UU0 (1.5)
BB0.0
RR2 (-1.5)
GG0.0
AbsorbAbsorb1

Toughness:
Inventory & Spells:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum